Instagram is one of the most famous social media platforms, and people use these platforms for fun and to spread their creativity worldwide. These social media platforms attract people’s attention by providing them with captivating and amazing features that they use to enhance their creativity. The users admire these trendy features and use them to create awesome videos.
These filters became very popular among Instagram and Tik Tok creators, and due to this, the active users of these platforms are increasing daily due to these grabbing filters. When the creators use these filters in their creations, they attract people and thus get millions of views on their creations.
Instagram has rolled out a new feature of the archive button, and by using it, you can achieve your stories, posts, reels, and videos, etc. This feature is very easy to use, and you can archive or hide any post by using this new feature. When you archive any post or story, it’s not visible on your profile, and thus, people cannot see it. These posts remain on your profile, but only you can see- them, and for others, those archived posts are not visible.
With this archive button, you don’t even need to delete the post you want to hide from your followers and friends. Just achieving can hide them from others.
When this new feature was launched, Instagram updated its interface and included an archive button on it. Some Instagram users report that they have their archive button missing. What’s this? Why is it so?
The thing is that it is actually not missing; it’s just moved to another place and due to which people are confused. If you are also facing the same problem, we are here to guide you and help you find the new position of Instagram’s archive button.
In this article, we will discuss the Instagram Archive button, why it’s missing, and how we can get it back.
How to View all your Archive Posts?
There are some posts (photos, videos, and reels) that you don’t want to delete and don’t want other people to see. For that, Instagram has facilitated its users by launching the archive button. By using this button, you can archive and hide your posts from all your friends and followers and, at the same time, can save them to your posts gallery without deleting them.
When you archive some posts, you can view them whenever you want from the archive section.
To view all your archived posts, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Update your Instagram app from the Play Store (Android device) or App Store (iOS devices). Search Instagram in the search bar and then Click on the update option beside your Instagram app.
- After updating the app, open it.
- Open your profile page. Then click on the menu button (three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen).
- There you will see the list of all the options. Click on the Archive button.
- This will take you to the archive section, where you can see all your archive stories and posts (they may be any video, reel, or photos).
According to the new update of Instagram, the archive button is present when you click on the menu lines and see a list. It is present next to the setting option. A clock sign shows it.
However, before the update of the Instagram version, this archive button was present on the top right corner of your screen.
How to Archive your Posts?
If you want to hide your posts from your friends and followers but do not want to delete that post but to keep it on your Instagram account, then the archive button is very helpful for you. You can use the archive button to hide your posts without deleting them. If there are some comments and likes on that posts, they won’t disappear. They will remain there with the post where you archive.
Here’s a simple method that you can follow to archive your posts;
- Open the updated version of your Instagram app. if you don’t have an updated version, then go to the App Store or Play Store according to your device and then update your Instagram app.
- Then open your profile page on your Instagram app.
- From the all the posts tab, select and open the post which you want to hide or archive.
- There you will see three dots at the upper right corner of the screen. Tap in them.
- From the list of options, click on Archive.
- This will simultaneously hide your photo or video that you posted earlier and you now want to archive.
Once the photos and videos are archived, you can still view those archived posts but not your followers. Archiving the posts hides them from all your friends and followers.
How to Unhide or Unarchive a Post?
If you again want to make your photos visible to all your followers and friends, then you can unhide them. If you want to unarchive the posts, then follow the steps below;
- Open the Instagram app and go to the Archive section by following the abovementioned steps.
- Selce the photo or video that you want to unhide again.
- There you will see three dots at the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the list of menus, click on “Show on Profile.” By doing this, your archived posts will be unarchived and will start showing on your profile in the posts section again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why doesn’t my Instagram has an archive button?
If you are not finding the archive button on Instagram, then;
- open your Instagram and go to your profile, clicking on the profile icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the three menu lines at the top right corner and then click on, My Activity.
- Tap on “archived” and then see the posts that you have archived earlier.
What happened to the archive button on Instagram 2022?
Some people report that they are not finding the archive button and that their button is missing. But it’s not so. It’s just poison is changed and moved to another place. It is now shown on your activity folder after clicking on the menu lines. In the activity folder, you will see “archived” click on it.
Can you bring archived posts back?
Yes, you can bring your archived post back to your profile by unarchiving it. Once you unarchive a post, it will show at the original position of that post on your profile.
How do you search on Picuki?
If you want to search on Picuki (Instagram viewer app), then follow the steps below;
- Enter your username. It may be your name or the word you want to enter.
- Click on the View button, or you can also access the Quick search results.
- Then watch and save photos, videos, etc. There you can watch everything anonymously and download anything without letting anyone know.
In this article, we have discussed the archive button on Instagram and how to hide any posts from your friends and followers without deleting them. We have also discussed the method to unarchive the post. When you archive the post, you can view them in the archive section; thus, these are saved on your side. We have also discussed how to get back the archive button if missing.
I hope you have found this article helpful. If you have any queries, then feel free to contact us and drop your comments in the section below.